Tuesday, October 23, 2007

So they only missed Bike Week by a couple of months but Devon and Becky were in the full spirit of things when they came by for a visit last week. Fully decked out in leather and chromed Harleys I met them in NH for a tour de force of my homeland. Starting with a trip on the boat out on squam lake for a taste of New England lake life and some foliage views. Then they got to see the ivy league high school that is holderness, seeing both their jaws drop as we walked the pathways past the library and the new turf field was fantastically hilarious. Then I took them to see Crispyhouse in all its glory. To finally be able to show Devon, whose house I was at when the fire happened, was a great moment for me to connect my life in the west with my world in the east. Hopefully now he better understands some of my stories and quirks. 

Finally we took a long leaf filled drive through the White Mountains to Montpelier VT where we met up with dad and they all got to laugh as they watched me work the pizza restaurant. Although they did get a final taste of New England flavor as Red Sox nation was out in force later helping the Red Sox win game 5 of the ALCS, making our Guiness taste all that much better. Now everyone can blame Devon and Becky when I make the rash decision to buy a motorcycle and spend my time cruising this country on two wheels. I mean I have been in one place for over a month now, its definately time for a new outlandish adventure. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment