Wednesday, May 9, 2007

So the latest journey is a month long exploration of the southwest. Why not right? I have a month to kill before i head out to New Zealand, that is another story so I have decided to see this part of the country that is about as different from the landscape i grew up in as is possible.

    I started with a week in Baja Mexico with a bunch of friends from Montana, we roadtripped down and yes we stopped in Vegas for a weekend of insanity. Mexico was great as the house we stayed at had every toy imaginable. My favorite were the sea Kayaks. Surfing waves in a three person kayak was quite the trip, always ending in some spectacular crashes.


    After Mexico i parted ways with my travel companions and struck out on my own for a journey with several goals.

1. To see a part of the country that is completely different from where i grew up, and learn how to live in this kind of environment.

2. To spend some quality time alone in the wilderness reading and writing. I seem to quickly lose the solitude in my life and have found these kind of trips important moments to reflect on what i am doing and where I want to go.

3. To bask in some warm sunrays and swim in rivers before i head back to winter in New Zealand.


i seem to come up with new reasons everyday that i am on the road, but mainly i have come to the conclusion that i undertook this journey now because i felt i had to. something came to me while i was skiing alone one day and i decided that i needed to seize the opportuinity to spend some quality time with myself in a landscape that inspires me. So here we go

0 comments:

Post a Comment